The project has as overall objectives to improve the alignment of the applicable legal framework in North Macedonia in the areas of Free Movement of Goods (Chapter 1), Free Movement of Services (Chapter 3) and Company Law (Chapter 6); and to improve capacities of relevant national institutions to operate efficiently within the enhanced legal framework.
In order to reach those goals, the implementing consortium led by Weglobal, will focus our activities in five main components:
- Component 1: Enhancing the strategic, legislative and institutional framework in the area of Free Movement of Goods, paying particular attention to product safety issues and legislative alignment in the areas of motor vehicles, emission of pollutants from non-road mobile engines, chemicals, medical products, cosmetics, pre-packaging, textiles, footwear, aerosol dispensers and toys.
- Component 2: Enhancing the strategic, legislative and institutional framework in the area of Free Movement of Services, focusing on alignment with the Service Directive and establishment of Point of Single Contact.
- Component 3: Enhancing the legislative alignment with the EU acquis as regards Company Law, Law on accounting and Law on Audit.
- Component 4: Enhancing the capacity of national bodies for efficient and effective market surveillance and consumer protection, supporting the capacity building of the relevant national authorities, particularly SMI.
- Component 5: Enhancing capacity of the Bureau of Metrology to execute testing, verification and calibration services, including supporting the harmonisation with NAWI, MID and pre-packaging directives.